Swisher ESP 20 Person Tornado Shelter W/ Wheelchair Access (SR114X84G)
All Shelters have been designed by Registered Structural Engineers and have undergone a rigorous Third Party Review process. Statement from FEMA P-320: “Having a safe room built for your home or small business can help provide “near-absolute protection” for you and your family or employees from injury or death caused by the dangerous forces of extreme winds.” Near Absolute Protection definition from FEMA P-361: Level of protection afforded to the occupants of a safe room built according to the guidance in the most current edition of FEMA P-361. Our current knowledge of tornadoes and hurricanes indicates that safe room occupants will have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death. This shelter is not waterproof. The Swisher ESP Safety Shelter™ has undergone and passed testing at the National Wind Institute at Texas Tech University. The testing is the primary component of receiving certification by the National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA). The ESP Shelter has been tested and withstood a total of 9 impacts from 15 lb. 2x4’s traveling at 100 mph. These impacts are equivalent to the force produced by an F5 tornado with 250 mph winds. In addition, it meets or exceeds all requirements put forth by NSSA, FEMA 320 and ICC-500 standards. Each ESP Safety Shelter™ is certified by the National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA). Each ESP Safety Shelter will meet or exceed all ***FEMA P320/P361 and ICC-500 Code requirements*** when all installation guidelines are met (step-by-step installation checklist is provided with each ESP Safety Shelter™).
Wheelchair Accessible ESP (Emergency – Security – Preparedness) Safety Shelters™ (ABOVE GROUND ONLY) offer the ultimate in multi-purpose protection and security for you and loved ones against violent acts of nature and multiple threats posed by man. “Made in the USA” ESP Safety Shelters™ will withstand the most extreme tornado activity and offer a “safe zone” against home invasion. It is preferable for the shelter to be installed within the interior of a residence. If you choose to install it outdoors, it must be within 150 feet of the residence it is intended to serve and must be protected from all external weather conditions.
- Shielded air vents allow uninterrupted airflow
- Quick release Sliding door design allows opening when blocked by debris and reduces space required for operation.
- Quick manipulating locking mechanism works in conjunction with a security grade larch/key lock.
- Emergency panels for rapid shelter exit with an emergency wrench included with each ESP Safety Shelter.
- Bolt together modular design for ease of construction and relocation.
- Wheelchair accessible; 37.5 inch door opening
- Made In The USA!
NOTE: It is preferable for the shelter to be installed within the interior of a residence. If you choose to install it outdoors, it must be within 150 feet of the residence it is intended to serve and must be protected from all external weather conditions. THIS SHELTER IS NOT WATERPROOF.
- Internal Measurements: 110"W x 80"L x 76"H
- External Measurements: 117"W x 87"L x 78"H
- Door Measurements: 37.5"W x 73.5"H
- Door Type: Single Sliding Door
- Capacity: Up to 20 Person (Privately Owned) / 12 Person (Business Owned)
- Construction: Bolted and Welded 3/16" Steel
- Warranty: 5 Year Limited
- Certifications: Verified to be in compliance with the NSSA Standards or exceed FEMA 320, FEMA 361 & ICC-500
- Weight: 3,315 lbs
- Color: Gray
- Shipping: Curbside Freight, Arrives on 3 pallets (3,315 lbs combined shipping weight)